Monday 30 April 2012

Project 4 Colour - Still life with colourful objects

April 2012 059 by Miriam Ward
April 2012 059, a photo by Miriam Ward on Flickr.

Finished Painting

I found the dark red fabric really quite difficult to paint! However I did find that by putting into practice my tonal learnings from the previous exercises I was able to build up colour carefully and slowly.

I followed the reccomendations in the course material and began to identify colour areas in the painting by very pale washes. Keeping the colour fresh was another factor which I feel helped me to compose and complete this painting.

Once the painting was finished I was quite surprised to see the tones and shades used in both the lemon and the apple to finish them and create shade and shadow!

No comments:

Post a Comment