Wednesday 11 April 2012

Christmas Cactus 1 & 2



Christmas Cactus 1 by Miriam Ward

This was my first attempt at painting the still life composition in the first project of this part of the course. I found it quite difficult to compose the painting at first - without drawing in pencil at the outset, and I chickened out of including the background!

Christmas Cactus 2 by Miriam Ward
Christmas Cactus 2, a photo by Miriam Ward on Flickr.
This was my second attempt at reprocuding this arrangement - I found that I took quite a bit more care with this one and although the items have ended up sitting differently in the overall composition I am pleased with the overall result - in particular the apple and the broken teacup. I am now starting to paint what I am actually seeing, rather than what I think I am seeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment