Wednesday 9 October 2013

Exercise: using resists experimentally

First painting

Melted wax brushed onto white paper then washed with three washes

Oil pastel elements added
The above photographs show painting one in two stages. I enjoyed working in a more suggestive way with this painting, and working invisibly was certainly a challenge! The media I used were :- hot wax as a resist, watercolour washes oil pastels and finally ink. I loved the way the washes pooled in certain areas within the limits of the wax marks and as I look at the finished painting I feel that these are adding energy to the piece. Initially the flower shapes looked I felt quite childish, but once I was able to work into the images using oil pastel I felt this came together much better. I

Second painting 






No comments:

Post a Comment