Thursday 31 October 2013

Exercise:- Free Expression - Quiet Night

I had quite got into the swing of the free expression painting so decided I would try a final painting along these lines.

I chose quiet night and used wax resist and building tonal layers to represent the rising moon and darkening sky as the night progresses. The tone seems to become more peaceful as it darkens. I particularly enjoyed the building multiple layers aspect if this painting again, and am quite surprised as myself as I am not sure I particularly enjoyed this aspect earlier jn the course! 


I used indigo in various wash strengths to indicate the darkening sky, and really like the texture of this particular paint pan which seems to be shine to good effect with thus method of painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment