Friday 28 June 2013

Exercise: Aerial perspective urban landscape - painting




Preparatory Sketch and first tonal layers

Watercolour and Soluble graphite painting A2
Well for this painting I decided to think big...as recommended and painted on an A2 scale, which is the largest painting I have completed so far. I think working on this scale really gave me the opportunity to not only include items in the foreground and the distance but also include a fairly reasonable level of detail.

I think per haps this painting does not look as "real" as my last painting however I am fairly happy with the outcome particularly in relation to the houses int he distance as I have managed to achieve a paler green for the foliage and paler rust for the house brickwork. I am also reasonably happy with the composition, in not allowing the garage roof to the right to dominate the painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment