Wednesday 1 May 2013

Part 3, Project 3, Exercise: Preparatory Sketches

I decided to use the same location as the previous exercise as it is so local however I decided to turn around from where was was sitting on the previous occasion and to work on the path leading to the field. these are my sketches using different portable media:-

Preparatory Sketches - Pencil Study

Preparatory Sketches Chalk Pastel Study

Preparatory Sketches - Coloured Pencil Study

Preparatory Sketches Charcoal Study

Preparatory Sketches - Watercolour Pencil Study

A Line Study

I really enjoyed the process of creating a line study for this exercise. It felt as though it was stripping back the processes of creating shape and form in my paintings. the temptation to shade with cross hatching was great, but I think I managed not to do too much shading!

Preparatory Sketches - A Line Study

A Colour Study

I enjoyed the approach of working freely on the paper and simply focussing on colour, the watercolour study was very blurred and again I worked quite quickly to establish a colour range for reference later. Like the previous exercises where I worked in the field through the colour study I noticed that there were pink tones which at the first glance at a scene would not be immediately obvious.

Preparatory Sketches - A Colour Study



No comments:

Post a Comment