Monday 16 September 2013

Part 5 - Widening your options

Having really struggled with the landscape elements of this course I am feeling really quite optimistic about moving forward to the final part of the course. I think so far this course has most definitely taught me that my preference is for detailed studies of still life, and as yet those studies seem to fall into two different styles, one being where I paint strictly what I see and the other being a more free combination of watercolour and black ink. I am hopefully thus final assignment will start to consolidate my own style, whilst I appreciate that all methods of using watercolour need to be explored and covered in a watercolour course I am hopeful that with this final assignment I will be able to refine methods which will better complement my textiles degree and support more creative sketchbook work as I move to level two.  

No comments:

Post a Comment