Monday 18 March 2013

Hyacinth30

I have decided to press on with the idea of creating a painting a day for a period of a month. I think that using this as an opportunity to refresh my watercolour skills is the best way to view it. I considered painting different household objects each day, perhaps in a range of colours but then realised I might be better to focus on one THING then find different approaches to painting this one object. I chose a hyacinth in a glass growing jar. I feel that this best epitomises my passion for gardening, nature and colour but also has some challenging aspects and interesting surfaces due to the transparent glass and the change in perspectives. I think that as the hyacinth dies and decays I will be able to capture that process, but I also have 30 attempts at getting the same thing right!

I have set up a blog page http://hyacinth30.blogspot.co.uk/

And am uploading the photos to my Textiles Facebook Page http://www.facebook.com/MiriamWardTextiles

No comments:

Post a Comment